• Go to UK Program
  • Go to US Program
  • Go to Canada Program
  • Can we help?
  • 01305 839 939
  • Visited before?

Office Contents

Office Contents insurance - making sure you can continue to do business!

  • For home office or work dedicated premises
  • Choice of cover level up to €10,000 limit
  • Covers accidental loss, theft, destruction or damage of office contents including computers, work equipment, furniture, etc.
  • Could cover office contents in transit and temporarily housed elsewhere
  • Can be added to existing policies
  • Have protection in place straight away
  • Other optional extras include; employer’s liability, office contents, personal accident, portable equipment
  • Can only be purchased with our 'Combined Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Medical Malpractice' cover

What is Office Contents insurance?

Our Office Contents insurance is designed to cover accidental loss, theft, destruction or damage of contents of an office, whether it be a home office or dedicated work premises. This would typically be items like computers, desks, chairs, documents, stock, other furniture, equipment and signage but is not restricted to only these items. However, it does not include the office building itself.

It will also cover you for damage to the personal belongings of partners and employees in the office.

The policy covers damage to your office contents in transit or temporarily housed elsewhere.

Do I need it?

If you are working from dedicated office premises then you would certainly require Office Contents insurance to protect accidental loss, theft, destruction or damage of its contents.

If you have a home office you should check whether its contents are covered under your Home Contents insurance policy.

Our insurance policy covers your business against risks such as theft, fire and water damage, even if the possessions are temporarily away from the workplace.

As a specialist insurer, we also provide broader cover meaning non-standard items such as glass breakage, artwork or visitors’ personal belongings are covered as standard.

What is covered:

  • - Cover for accidental loss, theft, destruction or damage of office contents while in transit
  • - Cover for possessions temporarily housed elsewhere
  • - Personal property also covered (with several exceptions)
  • - Lock replacement
  • - Building damage due to theft
  • - Glass and signage damage
  • - Covering fire and water damage as well as theft

What is NOT covered:

  • - €250 excess
  • - Money
  • - Items more specifically insured elsewhere
  • - Laptops, mobile phones or portable equipment temporarily housed elsewhere
  • - Damage due to wear and tear or inherent defect


Computers: Computers and ancillary equipment but excluding data or information entered by you or on your behalf.

Contents: The contents of your office used in connection with your business which belong to you or for which you are legally responsible, including:

  • a. Computers
  • b. Goods held in trust, stock and samples
  • c. Works of art or precious metals
  • d. Tenant’s improvements, decorations, fixtures and fittings and general contents including, if attached to the building, external signs, aerials and satellite dishes
  • e. Pipes, ducting, cables, wires and associated control equipment within the business premises and extending to the public mains

Money and personal property belonging to others are not included within this definition.

Damage/damaged: Accidental loss, theft, destruction or damage

Electronic data: Facts, concepts and information converted to a form useable for communications, display, distribution, interpretation or processing by electronic and electromechanical data processing or electronically controlled equipment and includes programs, software and other coded instructions for such equipment.

Glass: Fixed, plain or wired glass and mirrors at the office.

Money: Cash, bank and currency notes, cheques, travellers’ cheques, postal orders, money orders, crossed bankers’ drafts, current postage stamps, savings stamps and certificates, National Insurance stamps, trading stamps, gift tokens, customer redemption vouchers, company sales vouchers, credit card counterfoils, travellers’ tickets, VAT purchase receipts, contents of franking machines and, insofar as they are not otherwise insured, holiday-with-pay stamps and luncheon vouchers, for which you are responsible.

Office: Any location within the territorial limits occupied by you for the purpose of your business.

Personal effects: Articles worn, used or carried about the person, excluding cash, bank and currency notes and jewellery.

How much will it cost?

There are two different cover limits available for Office Contents cover so you can choose the most appropriate to suit your needs.

The costs are:

€5,000      €20 + tax

€10,000      €40 + tax

What’s the process?

For a new policy

Getting a quote, or multiple quotes, and buying insurance from Westminster couldn’t be quicker or easier. You can have your policy up and running in minutes. All online, you can do it whenever suits you best and be in control of the whole process, but if you have any questions, we are very happy to hear from you.

Remember, this cover is only available as an additional option on our Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Medical Malpractice policies.

  • 1. Click on the 'Get a Quote' button.
  • 2. Choose to include the Office Contents option.
  • 3. See the quote straight away on screen, and you can either save it for later or continue on to purchase.
  • 4. Once the payment is processed, the policy documents are immediately emailed to you.

To add to an existing policy

  • 1. Phone us on 01305 839939, or email 'mail@westminster.global' , and simply give us your Policy Number and ask us to add this cover.
  • 2. We will send you an email which asks for your confirmation of the change and payment.
  • 3. Once the payments is processed, your updated policy documents will be re-issued to you.
  • 4. All nice and easy!

Frequently asked questions

General and Quotes

The answer to this question will depend on whether you:

1. want to get a quote for Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Medical Malpractice policy including Office Contents cover, or

2. already have an existing policy with us and would like to add Cyber Liability cover


Answer 1

We are a fully automated process and provide all the information needed for you to make an informed decision online. 

A quotation is available 24/7 online. Click on the ‘Get a Quote’ button.  That will take you through the questions necessary to provide a quotation. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes and once produced you have the option to save it for later or proceed direct to purchase. 

If you choose to proceed to purchase, we will collect your contact details and then request payment. Payment is by Credit or Debit Card and once authorised your policy is issued immediately. Your documents will be emailed to you for you to print and/or save.


Answer 2

If you would like to see the cost of adding this to your existing policy, you can find the details on the Cost tab.  If you wish to go ahead, simply contact us by email or phone for us to arrange this with you.


Again, two options here:

1.      If you are obtaining a new insurance policy with Office Contents add-on, you will be able to choose payment by monthly instalments.

2.      If you want to add this cover mid-term, you will be required to pay the whole amount of the add-on product.

Policy and Coverage

Yes, any fixed, plain or wired glass or mirror at the office is covered by our Office Contents policy

The Office Contents policy provides cover for when contents are 'in transit' provided that you have complied with the security requirements as specified on the policy, which includes the secure locking of the transport vehicle.  Please refer to the policy wording for full details.

Your policy provides cover for the replacement of locks, lock mechanisms and keys necessary to maintain the security of your office following theft of the keys.  This is subject to the policy excess.

Changes, Cancellation and Renewal

Yes, you can add this additional protection to your existing policy at any time during the period of cover.  We refer to this as a 'mid-term' adjustment.

Simply contact us by phone or email and we will arrange this with you. 

Once you have added an additional area of cover to your policy, it cannot be cancelled during the term of the policy.  However, when your policy becomes due for renewal you can remove it from the coverage that you require for the following year's policy.


Other Products

Want to partner with us?
 Click Here!

to find out more and apply.

Any questions ?
Give us a call
01305 839939

Out of hours messaging service if you need us urgently

Not sure what insurance
you need?
Try ourInsurance Checker